Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

No ovulation during last cycle. HPT negative. Cramps, uterine pain. Urine dark, cloudy. Symptoms reason?

didn t ovulate last cicle. this cicle my progesterone level was 50. im 2 days late for my period around 14 days po. done a few early hpt all negitive. have been getting cramps for a week which is not usual also experiencing uterine pain. im not peeing often but it is a lot its a little cloudy and dark. I have had milky cm all week. no real pregnancy type symptoms except I am incredibly cranky.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ma'am.

Your symptoms can be related to either a hormonal imbalance being the primary cause or a secondary hormonal imbalance caused due to other conditions, or infections. It is also early to conduct a home pregnancy test which is why I would recommend a repeat analysis in a few days time.

For now the best option would be to visit a doctor, get your urine analysed, a vaginal swab test and may be even a transvaginal ultrasound scan which would help with more detailed evaluation. A physical examination by a doctor is always mandatory in all cases with a presentation similar to yours.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Nsah Bernard's  Response
Dec 2012

Thanks for posting on HCM,

There are many causes of secondary amenorrhea with the most common being pregnancy which you seem to have already ruled out with a pregnancy test but you could still be pregnant despite the test being negative. Try getting to a hospital so they can do a beta HCG testing instead, if that is negative, then you are most likely not pregnant.
Other causes of secondary amenorrhea as you present, might be hormonal imbalance, uterine abnormalities, stress, recent change of lifestyle/diet etc.
You will require to see a gynobs for physical, laboratory and imagery evaluation.

Hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor