Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

No heartbeat seen in 5 weeks pregnancy. Have I miscarried?

Thursday at the doctors office I was told that I m five weeks and 6 days pregnant they used the vaginal scan... My sac is 6.5cm no heartbeat I m already a mother of two ten pound babies... My husband had a vasectomy 2 years ago... I m confused about this whole thing did I miscarry??? But the lady that did my scan said their was growth... I m totally confused...
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
You did not say when you had your last period and whether you used to have regular cycles. Vasectomy has a 1% failure rate. Since you did not have any problem so far in these two years, you should reconsider your diagnosis of pregnancy. You should get your blood tested for the presence of beta-hCG and correlate the findings of a clinical examination by your gynecologist. Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor