Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

No growth spurt after grade 8, have pubic and armpit hair. Should I talk to doctor about height?

Hi! im 18 and a male i havent had a growth spurt since grade 8 im 5 6 my mom is 5 0 my dad is 5 11. Also my foot size is 9 1/2 and my fingers are small and my penis has remained the same size also since 8th grade my doctor told me when i was 15 that i would be 5 8 / 5 9.. i have pubic hair and ive had armpit hair since grade 5... right now im not overweight and kinda look on the skinny side... should i talk to my doctor about my height before its too late... and what could cause stunted growth.. and does stunted growth mean its permanently stunted or does it mean it will just take longer... by the way all the males in my family are like 6 0 so i just feel child like and im hoping to God theres a Answer
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi i think ur height is ur mother is depands both on ur father and mother .about the growrh spurt u can wait upto 21 yrs.please know from ur father when was his growth spurt.ur penial size is ok .u have attained all secondary sexual characters in do not worry about height until u reach 21 yrs.take good balanced diet and do exercises upto that time.go for hormonal assay of growth hormone and thyroid hormone.
Answered: Wed, 18 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor