Nitric Oxide as a supplement for lowering BP

Does anyone know about using Nitric Oxide as a supplement for lowering blood pressure?
Apparently, a Dr. Louis Ignarro won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1998 for his discovery of NO for the cardiovascular system. He recommends a number of supplements to support NO levels in our bodies...I just wanted to know if anyone actually followed his recommendations and had any luck?
Sun, 17 Apr 2011
's  Response
laughing gas?
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Dear Ranjit Dogra

Your question is very appropriate & valid question i will appreciate you raised doubt.
He suggested lots of ways to raise the level of NO in blood vessels. There are many drugs available which act according to his principle. One best example is viagra(i hope you know about this drug).This drug specially acts on enzyme of blood vessel supplying penis and causes diatation and erection. NO lowers BP by dilating blood vessels There are many drugs which raise directly or indirectly NO level and dilate blood vessels and lower BP.
There are lots of research going on to find out new drugs for BP
nitric oxide directly cant use fro this purpose because various technical reason

I hope i cleared your doubt

Thanks