Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Night high BP and problem of arrhythmia

I have blood pressure at night time. Normaly I go to bed at 23.00 or so and I wake up app at 3.00 a.m. with boold pressure up to 152/97 and feel arrhythmia . I am 50 years old lady, weight app 68 kgs. My cardiologists says that my heart is in order I made some tests also echoscopy) so he thinks problem comes from my nerves so suggested to take a walk every morning and evening on the fresh air and try to be more relaxed what I follow but night pressure still is a problem for me! Appreciate your advice pls.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi and welcome.
well if you have no other risk factors for heart diseases and your cardiologist has done all the preliminary tests and they all are clear , then there is no need to worry.
you mentioned arrythmia... what exactly do u mean by that. do you feel black outs, change in your pulse rate and regularity ... any episode of syncope or palpitations or a missed beat .. or is it just the apprehension.
too much daily stress of our life has impact on our heart because too much neurotransmitters released form our nerves can increase our heart rate and gives us feeling of apprehension . if there is no chest heaviness especially on exertion , and no shortness of breath then it is of no significance. but if you have any of the symptoms i mentioned then its prudent to have a holters monitoring for 24 to 48 hours that will reveal any rhythm disturbance . causes can be sort out accordingly.
its also ideal that blood pressure should be controlled and any anxiety relieved because it can cause the most common of the rhythm disturbance called SVT. i would suggest you meet a senior cardiologist and it will help . take care and best regards
Answered: Mon, 7 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Abid's  Response
Hi there and sorry to hear about your problem...
Keeping your history in mind you have Grade 2 hypertension that canot be controlled just by diet and exercise,it need effective medical treatment so you should ask your treating dr for prescription anti hypertensive medication.
Answered: Sun, 6 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma's  Response
You can try some anti anxiety drug before going to bed. Decrease salt consumption with dinner, and don't take sleep during day.
Wish you good health,
Answered: Sun, 6 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor