Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

New glasses, head ache. Shall i visit opthalmologist?

iv had some new glasses for some time and now when i take them off i feel dizzy my right eye socket starts to hurt i sometimes get headpain when i touch around my eye socket it really hurts i dont whats going on could it be my glasses has i change my opticians please help i mainly wear my glasses for long distance and tv
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi there. If this has begun only after changing your glasses, then the complaint is related to those. Sometimes when the prescription changes, it takes a while to get used to them. Try them out for a week and if there is no improvement, you may have to confirm the spectacle prescription with your optician as well as whether the number in the prescription and the glasses match. If everything matches to begin with, almost all patients are fine after a week.
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor