Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

New born has frequent, watery loose motions with every feed, looks pale and weak, gurgling sounds from navel area. Help?

My 12 days old grandchild has frequent loose motions, now gradually turning watery. He passes extremely lose stool with every feed + otherwise also. No weight gain - infact apparently some weight loss . Looking pale and weak. Tremendous gurgling sound of gases from tummy - lower abdomen , particularly from near naval area. Plz advice so we can bring relief to him. thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Royals, hello
Loose motion in thes age can be dangerous. So, immesdiately go to Emergency Department and get your grandchild examined by a Paeditrician and start treatment as adviced.
Excess loose stool can reult in dehydration, which needs immediate medical care.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor