Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

New born baby with Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency

hi...dr..i have a 1 yr.old son and he has a g6pd as a result of his new born always confused of giving him the right food to eat especially milks coz it always contains soy.pls help me.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  285
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
He can eat any food he likes except fava beans or broad beans. Before taking any medication kindly contact the Doctor to know if it is contraindicated because many drugs can cause bleeding, even over the counter drugs like Aspirin. Keep him well hydrated. Let him eat plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
avoid foods like fava bean, black bean,pea nuts, milk formulas containing soya etc.but you can give normal cow milk

you can give your child foods like banana, grapes,apple and orange etc.along with mashed rice and vegetable soup
you should keep your child from being exposed to triggers of G6PD deficiency symptoms.
take care
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor