Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Nervous disorder, facial spasms causing difficulty in laughing, crying, lifting heavy objects. Taken acupuncture treatment. Permanent cure?

Hi im xxxxxxx.. Im suffering from nervous disorder for the past 8 yrs, i have undergone treatment with many reputed doctors but its of no use.. None of them were able to detect wats my problem..Atlast an yr back i took Accupuntre treatment.. Doctor told im suffering from facial spasms, he encouraged me it can be cured but i was hopless.. to his gurantee my pain on my jaws & cheeks area were reduced to an extent.. But there was continous pulling of nereves & muscles on my cheeks & head.. i couldnt laugh much, lift weight objects & even cry to too.. i had tried attempting sucide too due to this disease & makes my face looks very awkward. i want to know is there any permanent cure treatment for facial spasms.. I havent reached the core level of this disease.. I couldnt laugh & my left eyes will be quite bigger compared to the right one.. this can be easily identified in my photos but not directly.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Saranya,
If your diagnosis of facial spasm is confirmed,then consult a neuro surgeon for a second opinion and management.

Facial spasms can be controlled either by oral medications / Botox injections/ Surgical intervention( if it is due to Facialnerve compression).

Although you have to take regular medications or repeat Botox injections at regular intervals( may be once every 3 mths),under your neurosurgeons guidance it will temporarily relieve your problem .

Surgical intervention will be finalized only by your neurologist/ neurosurgeon after monitoring your response to oral drugs and Botox injections.

Every problem has a solution. So Never Ever give up and have positive thoughts.
Consult a neurosurgeon in your area for confirmation of your diagnosis and early intervention.Take care :-).

Answered: Tue, 12 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor