Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Negative pregnancy test, want to go for Beta hcg test without doctor's intervention. Is it possible?

Hi doc , I wanted to ask u how accurate are urine pregnancy tests ,i did twice n both times they came negative..i tested after a week of my missed period .and I also wanted to know if I can get a betahcg test without getting a doctor involved? Is it possible that this test will tell me if I m pregnant or not accurately?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) levels rise rapidly after conception and double every 2-3 days. There is wide variation on the normal range of hCG.

The normal levels of hCG, 3 weeks after your LMP (last menstrual period) is 5-50 mIU/ml. Levels peak at about 12 weeks of pregnancy and reach about 300,000 mIU/ml .so this way u can see whether u r pregnant or not.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Answered: Fri, 29 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor