Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Need treatment for priapism in child

Hello My name is Nikki and my son who is 2 and half 3 in june has been suffering from stuttering priapism since Christmas of last year. We live in new Zealand and have been seeing specialists for a while also we have been trailing different drugs NOTHING is helping and we feel like we are getting no where any help????? please!!
Wed, 21 Jan 2015
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Good Day and thank you for being with Healthcare Magic!

Priapism in the young is commonly seen in sickle cell disease patient. Repeated episodes of priapism may have a permanent damage to the penile tissues. I highly suggest seeking consult from a urologist.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: I would gladly help you. Best wishes
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I had to go to the ER this weekend because of an erection that lasted 22 hours. They had to put a bunch of needles in me to remove the blood that...

Recent questions on  Priapism

doctor1 MD

My question is related to my boyfriend who has suffered from Priapism. It has occured after the onset of us making out. It happened most recently...

doctor1 MD

I woke up this a.m. with priapism . I know this because it happened before. That time I went to the emergency room, and the urologist removed blood...

doctor1 MD

!I have a problem with ED. Or not quite the same thing. I can, with medication (and often without) get an erection, But I have been combining drugs...

doctor1 MD

To whom may I speak regarding testosterone and ED injections? not--as I am--a urologist? what's the difference?

doctor1 MD

Have had seven episodes of priapism in 1 1/2 yrs. Three in the last month. Why when I lay down at night erection occurs and when I get up it goes...

doctor1 MD

my name is matthew, two weeks ago i had a sudden case of priapism. i had an erection for 6 to eight hours before seeking medical attention. at ten...

doctor1 MD

Hello My name is Nikki and my son who is 2 and half 3 in june has been suffering from stuttering priapism since Christmas of last year. We live in...