Need treatment for knee pain

Hi I am just trying to work out what s wrong with my knee. A couple of weeks ago I was in my garden doing gardening, and since then I m not sure if I did something as I really cannot remember or aware if I did something but I m really struggling when I climb stairs. It s like this pain on my left knee on the left hand side of the knee at the top and as I take a step up, it s either just really sore with this shooting pain or sometimes depending on the angle I can almost just buckle over with the sudden sharp pain. It s not sore walking, lying in bed or anything else, just when I climb the stairs or bend down and try to stand up with that knee
Wed, 18 May 2016
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
hi

thank-you for providing the brief history of you.

a thorough clinical examination is needed.

As the sharp shooting pain will be indicative of the degenerative disc disease but may be less common as well which can be ruled out with clinical assessment.

Also, this may be a ligament injury for which we may need an MRI of the knee to understand which knee ligaments are involved. I can suspect this more as there is pain while addressing full joint weight bearing. Also, post MRI and examination, in my clinical practice most cases are referred to physcial therapy and they respond well.

Jay Indravadan Patel