Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Need medication for birth control

me and my boy frnd had sex without taking precausion. i am scared about pregnency as i missed my period this month. 12 and i already check pregnancy test test is negative i want to come my period as soon as possible days over still period not happend. so please tell me which tablet i can take to avoid this. please reply me ASAP.
Wed, 8 Feb 2017
Report Abuse
OBGYN 's  Response
I have gone through the query and understood your concern. If you have always been regular with your cycles and missed this one, you should perform a home pregnancy test with a fresh early morning sample 3-7 days after the missed period. Else, you can also go for the estimation of the serum beta-hCG titres for an earlier and better clarification. If positive, please see a specialist for further management. After a trans-vaginal sonogram to locate the gestation sac, if you do not wish to retain the pregnancy, you may be induced to have an abortion. Hope this helps.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 28 and on Orthotricycline, and was put on a high dosage because that s all my local clinic would offer. I ve been taking it for over six...