Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Need medication for anxiety. What should I do?

I see an Internal Medicine doctor, she is listed as my primary doctor. She sends me to 3 other doctors for other things. Are there no doctors who can handle all my issues, I am sick of paying office calls, and keeping up with constant appointments. I moved from Michigan where we had one doctor and he gave us all our medications . I have anxiety and need medication for that, and then I need my regular medications. The doctor I have now refuses to give me the anxiety medications. So she sends me to a Phy to get those.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your frustration regarding referrals to psychiatrists. If your health insurance covers it, and you will know this if you call your insurer, you can see a psychiatrist who will accept your insurance coverage. Please call your health insurance company to find out first and see if they have a list of psychiatrists that offer coverage in your area. I recommend that you go through the National Institute of Health website for anxiety disorders to learn more about your condition and what self help methods may be useful in your case. Weblink below:

I hope this helps. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor