Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Need information on penile reconstruction. Had a circumcision

hey doc... i wanna know if i can get help anywhere... im a 23 year old xhosa male and when I was 19 I went for my cultural circumsition, but it didnt go that well for me. i luckly didnt lose my penis but i did lose my glans penis ... they called it an auto amputation ... just turned black and then it literally came off... is there a way to I dont know reconstruct it or something? its been 4 years can it be? if so how, where and how much would it cost? im not expecting mircles....
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
hi there,
am dr.surendran
nice to meet you here in HCMagic
i completely understand your problem
Phalloplasty refers to the construction (or reconstruction) of a penis or, sometimes, artificial modification of the penis by surgery, often for cosmetic purposes. It is also occasionally used to refer to penis enlargement
It is able to achieve the 12 major aesthetic and functional goals of modern penile reconstruction— a penis that:

is large, with substantial volume
enables safe insertion of a prosthesis
is hairless
has satisfactory aesthetic appearance
has normally colored skin
has both penile tactile and erogenous sensation
has a competent neo-urethra with a meatus at the top of the glans
can have sexual intercourse
leaves no conspicuous, disfiguring scars at the donor site
has very low occurrence of disease or other complication
achieves patient satisfaction
improves quality of life
the cost usually depends on the procedure you prefare, usually uppto $10000
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor