Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Neck pain, bruises in cheek and bleeding in nose after car accident. Anything to worry?

I was in a car accident last week. I didn t think I was hurt as it wasn t a big issue at the time but 2 days later my neck started to ache and a couple of bruises came up on my cheek , but I didnt hit my head on anything. Last night my nose started to bleed slowly for half an hour and I woke up this morning with dry crusty blood in my nose. Is this an issue or normal?
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  287
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
Your symp[toms are suggestive of a head injury and do need a medical attention. Investigations like CT scan and MRI will help in determining the extent of you have suffered due to the acciedent.
Try to avoid taking any pain killers as they might aggravate the bleeding.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sat, 19 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor