Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Neck pain, arm and shoulder discomfort, high heartbeat, knee pain, short period. Help

I have what seems to be a swollen Thyroid Gland. The pain is constant on my thyroid and goes up the left side of my neck, it also sometimes affects my right arm and shoulder to the point that its pretty uncomfortable. :( the pain right now is in my neck (thyroid) area, by my collar bone by my neck and down my right arm. Late it will switch to the left side of my neck and shoulder and arm. I also have a very high heart beat constantly. 130 to 132 BPM . I have joint pain in my knees at times, my period has shortended. I will go for two or three days then stop completely than what would be my last day I may spot just a small amount then it's done. I also get very hot. While others are wearing a jacket I walk around with short sleeve shirts and flip flops. I sweat and am so hot all the time. I'm guessing this is due to my heart pounding non stop. Also and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my thyroid or not but it also happened when I notice all these other things happened. When I wake up I can't hardly walk. The Back of my calves behind my knee hurts and I feel like my feet are locked up. From my ankles to my heals, everything is what I would describe as frozen. Both legs feel the same. I have to walk it out in pain until its gone. I feel like a old lady :(. Something is wrong. I'm guessing tyroid since the area my thyroid is at hurts so bad. I also have noticed a problem swallowing my food. Again any info to help me along this journey will help a lot. Thanks again.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain that you are having is likely to be related to cervical spondylosis and other arthritic changes. A direct examination by an orthopedician will help in confirmation of the diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor