Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Neck cracking, numbing pain down neck, clogged ear. How can it be stopped?

Hello. For some time now the left side of my neck cracks. If I do not crack it I feel a numbing pain running down my neck. It s not a typical neck cracking but in a specific area of my left neck. I can also press the area sometime and that alone will make it crack. Sometimes the neck cracking will also cause my left ear to feel a little clogged so I often hold my nose and exhale to unclog it. I m curious as to why this is happening and how it can be stopped. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  227
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The crackling of the joints of the neck is usually due to formation of vacuum inside the joint space. This is a harmless finding in most of the cases and is not indicative of any pathology. Please do not worry.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sun, 9 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor