Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Neck, back pain. Back fusion done. MRI shows central canal stenosis, degenerative changes. Treatment?

I have had one back surgery already on my lower back (fusion). Now my upper back/neck have been bothering me and I ve had an MRI ... results are C6-7 level loss of disk space an eccentric rightward broadbased osteoplyte-disk complex that has a AP measurement of 0.4 with moderate bilateral right more than left uncovertebral joint degenerative changes. resulting in effacement of the CSF space both ventral and posterior to the spinal cord . central canal stenosis measuring up to 1.0 Slight indentation of the anterior aspect of the spinal cord. Moderate to severe right and moderate left exiting neural foraminal stenosis is appreciated. he wants me to have surgery? I want to try Nerve blocks?????
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
There is no permanent cure for the canal stenosis apart fron surgery. After surgical correction regular physiotherapy will help in preventing further progression.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Fri, 16 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor