Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Neck and back pain, one hip higher than the other. What can be done?

Hi - I was in a car accident 5 days ago. I went to the doctors the next day complaining of neck and back pain . They did some xrays and the doctor said one of my hips of was higher than the other. He then did a bunch of popping/cracking of my back and neck and sent me home. Now, my neck and lower back are still hurting, and I have had stomach pain (upper abdomen ) and some diarrhea for the past two days. Is the stomach pain related to the accident (should I get it checked out) or does it sound more like a flu?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello, from you what you say sounds like you had a pelvic injury during the car accident, that's why one of your hip is at a higher level than other. Your stomach ache and diarrhoea are not related to the accident. Stomach ache can sometimes radiate to the back. You can get checked for both your problems. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 15 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhas Deshmukh's  Response
Hi, Thank you for posting your query!

As per what you have mentioned it seems your are suffering for an whiplash injury of neck which occurs following accident where your neck bones moves backwards and forwards rupturing the joints and surrounding tissues. Depending on the severity of your condition you should consult an orthopedic for medications and physical therapist for proper rehabilitation of your spine.
Your major concern right now for me is your leg discrepancy, which shows pelvic dysfunction and due to this you can have back pain and walking issues.

Consult a Physical Therapist, he/she can guide you with some exercises and manual therapy for correcting your spinal dysfunction with proper screening of your problem.

Hope i have answered your query please feel feel to get back with further queries.
Answered: Tue, 15 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor