Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Nausea, vomiting after eating, discomfort after eating. Constipation, distended stomach. IBS?

Hello, I believe I think I may suffer from IBS , but I am unsure and have not been able to see a doctor. My symptoms are that I m nauseous almost all the time (whether I consume food or not), sometimes I vomit up my food shortly after eating it, when I do eat I have serious discomfort, I wake up in the middle of the night in pain. I have a lot of trouble passing food too. I haven t had it as much lately, but there was a time where I was regularly having diarrhea over a three day span. I am constipated most of the time and when I finally go, it is painful to pass. I have the chills and my hands have been clammy lately. I always get distended stomach after eating any amount of foods. I am just trying to figure out what is wrong and what a doctor can do for me.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM!

I have gone through your query and from that I think, had I been treating you, I would first go for routine blood tests and ultra sound abdomen to check the status of all organs and once they are seen to be within normal limits, your case can be treated as ISB. but first we have to rule out other causes.

I feel that till you see a doctor, it will be good that you take some good antacid and antiemetic along with an antispasmodic for your nausea, indigestion and pain in abdomen. in my experince I have seen that a combination of rabiperazole- domperidone twice a day, half hour before meals, and dicyclomine are effective and good.

You should abstain from oily and spicy foods altogether, avoid eating food and drinking water from outside home.

Though it is early to say before you get a blood count report , but your doctor may give you a course of good antibiotic, which can help you in curing a long standing, chronic- abdominal infection, which may simulates similar presentation.

Hope you get well soon! Do see a doctor.
Feel free to ask mores queries.

Dr. Manisha Gopal
Answered: Tue, 19 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor