Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Nausea, generalized soreness, pelvic pain, inflamed vulva, vaginal itching, cheesy discharge. Thoughts?

Hi. I was wondering about herpes . On July 18th I had unprotected sex with a new partner who told me that he had a clean bill of health and had recently been tested (Though i dont know which stds he was tested for). On August 1st I got a bump on the inside of my labia however it was not a blister it was a pimple type thing which looked like an ingrown hair , it was below the skin surface though I was able to pop it and blood/pus came out, after a day it went away and left no crusting or anything. On August 3rd I had done some heavy physical activity (on vacation) and afterwards felt extremely sore/dehydrated/pain everywhere. I felt fairly naseous that evening, I felt as though I may have had flu-like symptoms but I dont know if it was from over-exertion or something else. I had some pain in my lower left pelvic area (Which I sometimes get while ovulating and this was definitely ovulation time). All of this resolved in less than a few days. Now, August 8th I am having vaginal itching and a bit of white cottage cheesey discharge, a red vulva slightly inflamed but not alot. I am wondering if this could be herpes or if this is a result of say, sitting in a wet bathing suit or smething, i am somewhat prone to yeast infections and it feels similar to one. Had I not had that ingrown hair, (or herpes???) I would not be concerned. I plan to get tested but am wondering if you have thoughts on this?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there. From your detailed description & history , it does appear that a yeast mixture admixed with a bacterial infection may be more the problem than herpes. Having said that the sure way to know is to get a HSV1 & 2 IgG/M testing done for completion sake & /or a visit to your dermatologist/venreologist. Alternatively if you desire discretion, do the blood test & do get back to me on the private portal on my name & shall be happy to assist. Dont worry about the 'ingrown' may be unrelated. Do treat the infection but also do the test i suggested to clear your head if nothing else as i do believe a course of antibiotics coupled with antifungals will resolve your issues. Cheers & Good luck. Dr Praveen RodriguesMD Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India
Answered: Sun, 12 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor