Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Nasal bone growth causing frequent discharge of mucous. Advice?

hi doctor!i m a 34 years old male. i have been experiencing nasal bone growth for last 10 years or so. I am in navy n i consulted the doctors 3-4 times at various places just to get a satisfactory answer but to no avail. Every time i got the answer after an x-ray that every thing is fine but actually it is not. The bone has bent to one side and it has caused partial blockage in nasal way and breathing from that half part has become less. Now what i have been experiencing associated with this bone growth is almost continuous effect of cold . I m producing phlegm/mucous continuously even when i m not experiencing cold. Though the mucous formed is semi-transparent but sometimes the mucous turns completely green or red or dark brown which makes me scared. I see my nose start running at the slightest spicy food encounter which becomes very embarrassing for me especially during eating out with friends/relatives. I feel it is high time to take an expert advice from a doctor other than service doctors. I hope that you would advise me appropriately.Thanks in advance
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
The bone will not grow at 34.
You probably have allergy + infection of sinuses. You may need a CT scan of the para nasal sinuses and blood tests for allergy..
Decongestants, anti-allergy medicines, antibiotics that cover anaerobic organisms may in combination control or clear it - you have to see an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist) in a reputed centre - they will examine, investigate and prescribe properly.
The chances of recovery seem very good
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor