Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Nail patella syndrome, hip pain. Knee, elbow and shoulder surgery done. Orthopedic specialist?

I have Nail Patella Syndrome . I am 56 years old. I have had 1 knee surgery, 2 elbow and 3 shoulder. I also have problems with my hips.I have been told my shoulder needs replacing, but every time they do surgery it makes things worse. My orthopedic doctor told me to go to a pain management doctor. Are there any orthopedic doctor s that treat Nail Patella Syndrome? Can only find urologist.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Nail patella syndrome is autosomal dominant Dysplastic disorder in which there are hypoplastic nail , patella are hypoplastic or absent associated with radial head subluxation ,elbow lacks full extension , congenital nephropathy , .....
Treatment depends upon its symptoms and deformity . So if you could mention wat was your deformity I could guide you better . If there is pain at your shoulder .its range of movement is not restricted then it should be managed only through pain management and physiotherapy . But if ROM affected then needs examination n investigation upon degree of restrictions and cause and accordingly management plans done.

Hope it ll help

Thanks n regards
Answered: Fri, 28 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor