Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Myopia in eyes, premature child, wearing glasses. Cure other than surgery?

I have one son and who have high myopia on both eye and both eye have minus power. Out of two eye, one eye have minus 12 and another eye have minus 11.My son is pre term baby and he was born at 32 weeks.Now he is wearing glass on both eye as per doctor advice but pl. let me know how it is possible to cure and if not now then infuture it is possible to cure? I mean to say any possibility or any other way (surgery) for curable of those disease.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  164
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hello sir u should always mention the age of the that to understand the disease better..
since as per yr mail..he has eye power on higher side..proper eye examination ,, every 3 monthly ,,with fundus examination ..and with peripheral retina examination is the must..corneal pachymetry and topography ..with OCT is also mandatory once in a year..
since i don'nt know the age..wait till he becomes 18 yrs of age ..and his power must be constant for atleast 1 year..
till then along with specs, contact lenses are better option , because they give more physiological view..and avoid restricted and prismatic view of the specs..
later on whn his eye power will be stable then other options would be E-LASIK, ICL, etc..
please take care of him and keep all the records ,date by correlate his data.
Answered: Tue, 24 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor