Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

My young child diagnosed with DKA. What should i do ?

my daughter of 3.8 months found dka & as per doctor instruction v gave her 15/7 units bd of insuline 30/70 humanusline pls help me what i can do now
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hi: I feel sorry for your daughter to ave diagnosed with DKA and put on insulin.Is your daudhter 3 years and 8 months or 3.8 months, bcz It is very unlikely for type 1 diabetes to occur at the age of 3.8 months. Now a days we have lots of treatment for diabetes, like insulin pump and we can give a best quality of life to your daughter. For further details and contacts log on to
Answered: Fri, 28 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor