Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

My wife's Hysterosalpingography test points out that the fimbrial end of the right tube is clumped. What is the treatment that will help her conceive ?

My wife has got XR HSG report and it shows Right Tube has 1. Mild Amplullary dilatation and coiling and 2. Fimbrial end clumped, and in last year she had a mis carriage and we are unable to conceive it from last 6-7 months. So can you help me? age 27 yers, weight 63kg and height 5 3 inch. Regards Veena KO
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Mild ampullary dilatation of tube is a normal finding. The clumped fimbrial end might cause some problem but if it is found only on one side then you need not worry. You can take ovulation inducers with the help of your gynaec.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Apoorv, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Your Wife's Hysterosalpingography suggests she is suffering from Blocked Right Fallopian Tube and it may be the cause for Miscarriage and inability to conceive. You haven't mentioned what does the Left Fallopian Tube findings suggest? May be she has Hydrosalpinx where in it causes the tube to dilate and increase in diameter and fill with fluid. The fluid blocks the egg and sperm, preventing fertilization and pregnancy. Kindly do not worry and lose hope because, If only Right fallopian tube is blocked and the left one is clear, it may still be possible to achieve pregnancy. It depends on how well the ovaries are functioning, and also what is causing the tubal blockage. In such cases Your doctor may give her fertility drugs to increase the chances of ovulating on the side with the open tube. This is not an option, if both tubes are blocked. In some cases, laparoscopic surgery can open blocked tubes or remove scar tissue that is causing problems. Also, if your semen analysis report is abnormal and you might want to skip surgery, In such cases, Invitro Fertilization is considered. She will require a close monitoring of her health once she conceives.
Discuss these aspects with her Doctor and chalk out a Treatment Plan.

I wish her Good Health and All the Very Best, Take Care.
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor