My wife was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in March 2018.

My wife was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in March 2018. Very fortunately the prognosis is good because it was detected very early. She has tolerated chemo (Abraxane and Gemcidabine) fairly well and is going to be scheduled for a Whipple procedure in January.
Insomnia has been one of the most annoying side effects of the chemo for her. Prior to the diagnosis, she always fell asleep without any aid at all. She was prescribed Ativan about 2 months ago for anxiety which helped her get to sleep after a couple of hours. She asked one of her doctors about something for sleep that would help her fall asleep faster. Trazodone was prescribed, with instructions to stop the Ativan She was also advised that the Trazodone would not work the first night. Surely enough, she took the first dose tonight but after 2 1/2 hours cannot fall asleep. She is in anguish because she wants to sleep. Can she take zzzQuil for sleep even though she had the Trazodone 3 hours ago? If so, how much zzzQuil would be appropriate? She simply wants to sleep tonight. Please advise. Thank you!
Sun, 14 Oct 2018