My wife was diagnosed with NMO in July 2018. Will

My wife was diagnosed with NMO in July 2018. Will be starting physical therapy on Oct 1, 2018.
She is currently experiencing severe tingling sensation in right leg accompanied by severe cramping in right thigh and toes on right foot [toes try to tangle up]--and pain is severe. When these symptoms arise in the right leg, she gets a severe burning symptom in her left leg--accompanied by much pressure and tight ness in her abdomen.

Is there a way to alleviate these problems? I am massaging these areas and it sometimes helps?
Thu, 4 Oct 2018