Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

My wife have sitica problem in left leg. How to treat it ?

sir, My wife have sitica problem in left leg. pls advice what to do. i have discuss orthopedic doctor too but not getting the results.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You have discussed or consulted orthopedic surgeon ? If your wife has got sciatica then she should go for X ray of lumber or lumbo sacral region and find out the cause of sciatica and then treatment can be carried out.
Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi sandesh;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Sciatica is pain in back of leg due to nerve root compression in lumbar or sacral spine region.Since you have consulted a Ortho Surgeon i guess he advised MRI to know the exact place of nerve root compression and the extent of it so that he can decide with the further treatment.She might be taking painkiller so along with that she can take multivitamins and some hot fomentation.If that does not help her then she may need to go in for traction which will be non surgical treatment and if the extent of nerve compression is more then the Ortho surgeon may even advise surgery but better first discuss non-surgical options she should get relief with even traction.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor