Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

My wife has hole in her right ear and there is a continuous humming sound

For the past four months, my wife age 47 is having right ear problem since she pur oil in her ear. She has a hole in her right ear and there is a continuous humming sound. Nowadays it is paining. Our ENT Specialistr gave some medicines which could bring the problem under control but Can this problem be competely removed, how and how long it will take to cure?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  380
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
a hole in the eardrum is not troublesome if one keeps the ear dry.
Yes, there is a permanent cure for this.
It is called Tympanoplasty which is an operative procedure where a new eardrum is made and placed where the hole is.
And it is successful in most cases.It does not take much time. If everything remains favourable, it is simply a matter of few days.
Consult your ENT Specialist and get it done.
Wish a speedy recovery.
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Seema Saxena's  Response
There are some effective ayurvedic medicines for your problem ,you should take these medicines for at least 3 months
sarivadi vati 2 tab 2 times in aday
chandraprabha vati 1 tab 2 times in a day
avoid spicy food,pickles,sour food. without taking care of pathyapathya no medicine give results in ayurveda.
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. since ENT specialist has seen her, probably this "hole" could be perforated tympanic memberane, unless only external ear is involved.
2. humming sound could be "tinnitus" which she is experiencing.
3. if perfoation is the cause of hole and humming sound then surgical correction is the cure.
4. because she is under guidance of ENT specialist, he has definitely looked upon the condition and will know about the prognosis of the disease.
Answered: Wed, 17 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Nikul Patel's  Response
In ayurveda there are good remedies for ear problems..
1. Sarivadi vati 2 tabs twice day
2. Trifla gugal 2 tabd twice day
3. Vyosadi vati 2 tabd twice day
4. Bilvadi oil for ear drops

avoil cold drinks and chilled water and air flow..

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
Answered: Sun, 24 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Welcome to Health Care Magic forum,
as you mentioned that your wife is having hole in right ear, she should not use any oil in her ear, she needs to take internal medication, and this problem can be cured by Homeopathy in a very successful manner.
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello.... do not put oil in ear its not safe ... put mullein ear drops its a homeopathic medicines instill 3/4 times in a day... she will also require internal homeopathic medicines
consult a homeopath..
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor