My wife had lung surgery and after the surgery developed

My wife had lung surgery and after the surgery developed pain in the abdomen going up to her chest. They went back in and killed the nerve endings where the incisions were
She continued to have the pains and a Neurologist said she had Internal Shingles
She was referred to a Pain Management doctor who prescribed TOPAMAX
After a few days on this med she developed eye problems and started to lose her vision. Her eye doctor did some tests and her eye pressure went up to 42 in each eye
They said this was from Topamax

Is this med used for pain or is it only for migrain head aches and to prevent seizures
I have read that it is only used as an anticonvulsant or antiepileptic drug

Thu, 11 Oct 2018