• question-icon

My vagina is itchy and sore.Can a yeast infection come with pink discharge?

My vagina is itchy and sore. This has happened two times before. Each time it comes with light pink discharge (not red or brown at all), it is not like 'cottage cheese'. But I use Canestin (yeast infection treatment) and it goes away. But comes back a couple months later. I am not a virgin and do have unprotected sex. Can a yeast infection come with pink discharge.. or is it something else?
Tue, 27 Mar 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Hai, It is possible. When a curdy white discharge of yest infection contaminated with tinges of blood due to scratchings it may look like pink. You have to take treatment for three to four weeks with clotrimazole cream and Flucanazole tablets. Otherwise recurrence is possible.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Yeast infection usually produces a curd like discharge and pink is rare I guess. Do check out wiht the Gynec na.