Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

My unmarried elder sister is suffering of some illusions and always depressed

Dear Doctor, I am from Madurai. My unmarried elder sister aged about 56 yrs. is suffering of some illusions and always depressed. She is highly devoted and complains she had tremendous powers derived from the God and people around her loot her powers. She hates every body and she lost her laugh long back. She in nature a brilliant lady, but now she does not like to speak any body. She stays alone and does not sleep at all. Please guide me with the best guidance to recover her from this trauma. Sincerely, Ravi.R. Mob: 9965068340
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jan 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  465
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern for your sister. The symptoms you describe are referred to as grandiose/ persecutory ideas or delusion. They are characteristic of psychosis or manic (bipolar) disorder. I would suggest you take your sister for a thorough psychiatric evaluation so that appropriate antipsychotic or mood stabiliser can be initiated. Wish her speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Arun Kr Mishra's  Response
your sister needs few investigation as she has developed symptoms of psychosis. she needs proper assessment by local psychiatrist for treatment.there are few questions to ask .Is she had this problem earlier?Is she suffering from any medical disorders like H.T., Diabetes,forgetfulness,undue anger if it is so?
She need treatment with low dose of Anti psychotic and Mood ea stabilizer and Anxiolytics.
Answered: Mon, 1 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

As you told, she needs love and security to overcime her lonliness,that can be provided by a partner or someone who can understand her in a better way and tender love and care for her. You should consider gettting a counseling done for her from a reputed counseller.

Answered: Sat, 30 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. She may need councelling and medical treatment.. I suggest she meets with a doctor in person.. A doctor or a councellor talking to her will benefit more than you talking to her.. I wish your sister recovers from the trauma...

Answered: Sat, 30 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor