Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

188 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My uncle is suffering from Osteoporosis, please help him

Hi, I have an uncle who is 75 years old and suffering from Osteoporosis. He asks us to massage his back putting in pressure. Is it advisable to massage with pressure? also he asks us to keep heatpack on his back. Please suggest me how hot it should be? Please help me... Thanks in advance.
Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response

putting pressure may turn out to be dangerous. you can apply  hot packs. get a examination and x-ray done to see current status, ask doctor to prescribe physiotherapy, this will give relief.

General & Family Physician Dr. Khaleel Ahmed.Manik's  Response
u can , bt pressure shud b minimal , try ibandrunic acid 150 mg once in a month for three months &
calcium tablets once in a day.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....