Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

My three year old son has heart problem, please suggest him

I have been told that my son s left side of his heart is larger than the right side. The cadiologist says that it looks as though it is functioning correctly, but would like to see him again in three months. Today he was running and held his heart, but said his throat hurt....does anyone know what the normal heart rate for a three year old is? Should I get a second opinion or wait the three months? For the smart alec answer, I took him to the cardiologist for an innocent heart murmur and it showed up on the ecocardiogram
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
That happens to a lot of people..your heart rate accerates and you can feel it in your throat... As far as normal heart rate for 3 year old boy: 60–140 beats per min (at rest) (per Your cardiologist will know, call him and find out for sure. When it comes to conditions with the heart you should always get a second opinion (most insurances will cover this too). You can wait till after the visit in 3 months or you can get a copy of his records and see another doc now... which ever one will help you to relax and feel better. I wish you and your son well. I understand your concern: My family has a history of heart defects and its scary to think that my children could suffer from them too. Take Care and do what you feel is the right thing to do. Trust your instinct as a mom.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor