Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

My teeth is very awkward, I need to get it corrected

Iam 19, a college student, my teeth is very awkward. It is protruding and i look sick when i smile. Many of my friends tease me. I need to get it corrected. For this whom should i approach?
Mon, 19 Sep 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dentist 's  Response
Malaligned teeth results in lack of smile and loss of confidence.You need to consult an orthodontist for a fixed orthodontic treatment to get your teeth aligned. The earlier you start the treatment the better will be the result.
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Akanksha Pandit's  Response
I think this is the right age to get your protuded and malaligned teeth corrected. Orthodontic treatment which implies the correction of dental malalignement, will help. After some years of orthodontic treatment surely the results will amaze you and broaden your smile. Take care.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
your teeths can be corrected if your supporting gums and bone are not infected. if not infected then no problem go to an orthodontist , take an OPG and lateral cephalogram to analyse your problem severity. according to the severity orthodontist will decide your treatment. take care. happy smile.
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, please consult a good orthodontist if possible. You can go to any dental surgeon if you do not find an orthodontist. He will lead you to an orthodontist or call him to his clinic if he has a consultant orthodontist. Everything will be taken care of and your appearance can be completey changed for good if you are in good hands. Take care . Reach me on 9848813162 for further expert help.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Approach a dentist. Is it that difficult? He willl examine and telll you what you will need to do. My sister also had protruding teeth which was spoiling her look. She saw dentist, who suggested braces, then she used it regularly for 6 months with sitting with the dentist eevry month to tighten them. Now she looks so nice, we are getting so many proposals for her. earlier we were worried as she was not getting any marriage proposals.

  User's Response
u should see a dentist..he wil be ur better guide..he can help u come out of there are many advanced techniques..which..will make ur teeeth look very beautifull
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor