Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

My son is suffering from microcephaly. Is there any treatment for cerebral palsy ?

my son is suffering from microcephly and cerebral palacy.He is six and half years old. He can not walk, stand ,speak and hold things.Can he be treated? Hello Dr. my son is six and half years old. he is sufferinf from microcephly and cerebral palasy.he can not stand, walk, speak and hold things.Is there any treatment for him in any steam of medical science?Please answer my tis queston?Plz.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  248
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi archana,
im really sorry for your state. cerebral palsy is a disorder of development. Your son unfortunately has a small brain which is not adequately developed due to some event during birth or any cause which is unknown. Unfortunately there is no cure for it. However there is lot of scope for improvement with proper training for him. with regular exercises, he can be trained to do his daily activity in such a way so that his disability can be limited. you need to find out which hospital has a good scope for managing such children near your area & with proper guidance your child can improve to a great deal.
Answered: Sun, 27 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor