Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

My son is suffering from cough since past 1 month

My son, who is 2yrs old is now suffering from cough from the past 1 month. I have tried giving benydryl, peritixyl and other also tried honey and ginger juice. But there has no improvement in his problem. He is also not eating well since then. Can some one suggest how to make him feel better???
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  555
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Kindly consult your doctor
Normally he shd be treated with antibiotics like Azithromycin/Cefixime etc along with Expectorants and Nebulizer and if no relief X-Ray Chest should be seen
Answered: Sat, 26 Mar 2011
  User's Response
Hi.. Do not take risk in young child.. The symptoms may be just due to allergy., but why do you want to take risk in a young child especially an old. They are more prone to complications if there is a source of infection that is causing the cough. So i suggest you to get an examination done by a pediatrician and follow the advise given by them.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

I think that it is an infection and should be treated with appropriate antibiotics on prescription by your pediatrician. That should solve the issue.

Answered: Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor