Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

My son is having Epilepsy attacks. corrective action during attack while at home

My son is having Epilepsy attacks from last 1 and half year. In case of attack, it does not stop at home and we have to rush to Hospital for giving him Diegepam Dose to stop the attack. My Query is For corrective action during attack , what can be done at home ,I mean any substitute of Injection that can be given at home. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  3 Views:  270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
whats ur sons age .... all u can & shud do is whenever fit occurs let it take its course for that attack... u just turn him sideways or turn him over on his face...preferably on a level surace /ground ....donot try to put anything in mouth for opening it.....let the treatment part b at the discretion of doc
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist Dr. Prof Sukdev Nayak's  Response
Childhood epilepsy is very common, with treatment it can be controlled. Many patients have to take medicines for the whole life. But the ancient indian medicine does have a cure. The boy has to take all the alopathic medicine, but he may practice ANULOM BILOM for 30 minutes in the morning. There are also some ayrvedic medicines to be taken regularly. If things improve, he may stop all the medicine.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
It would be advisable to see a neurologist with experience in child cases for your son.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor