Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

My son has had tubes in ear, Should I be concerned ?

My son has had tubes in his ear for a year now. Noticed some drainage coming out yesterday and today and now there is blood . Should i be concerned ?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  276
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Beckygreenwalt

since your son has tube in ear there is high chance of ear getting infection. keep ear dry and dont put anything inside consult ent surgeon and let him evaluate take treatment accordingly.
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Joey's  Response
Hi there,

There might be some new infection which might need antibiotics to treat. Since it's your son and since there is always the danger of a permanent hearing loss, I would advise you to return to the ENT to have it evaluated.

Answered: Sun, 20 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor