My son has Extropia. Will glasses help in curing Extropia permanently ?

I needed advice from you regarding my son s eye condition. He is 5+yrs old and goes to kindergarten, In the month of March suddenly we started noting drifting in one of his eyes so we went to pediatric opthomologist and as per is dignosis it was found that he has myopia/nearsighted (Left -2.25, Right -2.50) and the drifting is caused by that and so he adviced us to get him glasses that would help in controlling and correcting his drifting problem. My queries are: 1) Does glasses really control and cure drifting (exotropia) permanently. 2) Is there some auyurvedic medicine or some exercises that we can do with him to cure his exotropia At present we are doing following exercises a) pencil push ups b) near far point focusing I would really appreciate it if you could take out some time and answer my above queries. Thanks,
Tue, 7 Feb 2012