Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

My skin got burnt after applying garlic & now it is light pink in colour. What is the remedy for this ?

Hi, I have applied garlic on my cheecks for 2 hrs 1 month back and got burnt.It was red swollen and water was oozing out. What degree of burn it is ? Now the skin is light pink in colour ? How much time would it take for the skin to become normal ? Will i get normal skin in atleast 6 months ?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  659
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
it will take around 6-8 wks to recover ur skin
for better healing u need to apply cream like hexilak or contractubact.
avoid sun exposure and windy weather
do not apply and cosmetic other then moisturizer .
better to consult dermatologist .
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shanthi.E's  Response
Hello Sweety,

Thanks for the query.

It is a Superficial burn that you had. The degree of burn is negligible.

Your burn scar is healing well, that is why it is Pink in colour.

Your skin should become normal by 2 weeks or 3 weeks at the most.

By 6 months, your skin will be perfectly fine with also no scars left behind.

All Facial injuries heal extremely well since the blood supply in face in extensive and very rich.

Do not worry.

Wishing you early recovery.

Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor