Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

My sister have had Mental Illness, please suggest any treatment for her

Doctor My sister is affected mentally. She is 25 year old now. Initial symptoms are, Crying and she wont talk to us and exhibit split personality sometimes in a day. It started 5 yrs back. It was severe in first year, we treated with psycologist doctor and it was cured. After that this problem gets repeating and now its 4th time she is affected. We dono how to treat this. Now her problems are, 1. She never talk to us as normal. 2. Used to cry for more time. 3. Get dipressed. 4. She used to tell us "Her mind is confussed" Can somebody help how to provide treatment??? regards...Murugesan
Sun, 27 Feb 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Information about your sister's symptoms are not much helpful to me. You say she remains OK inbetween the attacks, she shows split personality Behaviour ?, does not talk normally, crys most of the time & realises that her mind is confused. Though not very clear but most probably it goes in favour of Affective type of mental problem because in Old Psychotic case [? Schizophrenia], Client usually lacks Insight which your sister still understand her problem. You need help of Psychiatrist either by direct consultation or chating may be helpful to know her problems in details. I feel she should be cured.
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

It is lucky if some Doctor really sees this and helps you with real answer. Of the hundreds of the messages I post here, I get few expert answers and few do not. We should also consider the fact that which Doctor has so much of time to answer the Queries for free all the time. 

I think you are missing the right follow ups with the Psychologist. Most of the times the mental problems bother of lack of education to the relatives or care takers. This is a best site for education you can speak to a Doctor 24/7, it awesome most of the times. Though I found the Doctors are helpless on chat when it comes to certain issues where we have to see them physically.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor