Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

My shoulder was dislocation

I am 20 year old boy.My shoulder was dislocated before 2 months.I wear sling for 21 days.How many days will take to recover completely.?
And can i drive the car or bike?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
dear thanks for choosing health care magic.See when once your shoulder dislocates you should not do some movements for minimum 6 weeks.Depending the dislocation your doctor will put some restriction in movements.Better you be in contact with your doctor.Repeated sprain to damaged muscles will be lead to dislocation again so be careful.
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
it will tk normally six weeks to heel, but variation are thr depend upon condition.
main thing is that , u hv to do regular exercises to strenthen ur shoulder complex,
for that u hv to consult a physio, he/she will provide u the exercise protocol that u hv to follow for couple of months.
tk care
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Fatima Farhana's  Response
thank you for your question.
shoulder dislocation needs plenty of rest,several weeks even much more.don't raise your arm above 70 degree.sometimes avoiding combing is necessary.thereafter you need rehabilitating excercise ranging from gentle muscle tonning excercise to weight trainning.This help you preserving range of motion,strengthening muscle around the joint and preventing further dislocation.
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor