Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

My puss cell count came down in urine after taking of antibiotic but there is a smell still now, why ?

Sir ,I am vijay male 53yrs ,before six month i was suffering from high fever ,in test of urine plenty of puss cell detected docters give me antibiotic for three weeks the puss cell down 3-4 H,P.F .But smell in urine continue today i got my urine report&puss cell 15-20 H,P,F found .Pl,suggest me what it is and what can i do ?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
you have infection in urine
it is also recurrent infection ,so
you need to check your body .
do renal function test also
you need to continue antibiotic for long time
it is chronic infection
better to consult nephrologist.
i hope i have answered your question
dr gaurav patel ,ahmedabad
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic

please check up with physician/surgeon and any obstruction to urinary flow to be excluded

get urine culture sensitivity done and proper antibiotics to be used as per report

some times plenty pus cells but culture sterile asks for further tests to exclude tuberculosis
consult urologist and get examined and take treatment

Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor