Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

My piercing is swollen and it bleeds. Do i need to worry ?

i got my ear pierced 6 months ago maybe more i think and i noticed that for awhile now the ear i got pierced became swollen. thing is that its seems as though it has stayed swollen for quite some time. in the entire time i have had the piercing the size has been much larger than my other ear, the size of my left ear is much bigger than my right and it seems that if i so much as touch the piercing it will start hurting and start to bleed a little. is this bad or just a temporary thing?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Swelling persisting for six months after piercing is not normal.First you try remove the ear ring,this will solve half of the problem.Apply some anti biotic cream over that area and take analgesic for this.In most the cases this helps.In case the things does not improve than please see your doctor.bye.
Answered: Wed, 1 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor