My newly born son has a heart murmur, should I be panicked ?

my 4 week old son has a heart murmur!should I be panicked ?
Thu, 10 Dec 2009
's  Response
well..it depends on the type of murmur.for example, innocent murmurs do not need treatment because they have a normal heart. If your child has an innocent murmur, alert your paediatrician during regular check ups and if theres an innocent murmur due to an illness or condition such as anaemia, hyperthyroidism, or fever, the murmur will go away once the illness or condition is treated......abnormal Murmurs, varies depending on the specific heart problem. you should keep on regular follow-ups and contact ur physician if any deterioration in his condition.