Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

My mum is an alcoholic, what to do ?

I really need help i have no idea of what to do well im 15 and going through my exams, my mum has been a alcoholic all my life. I lived with my dad over in wales when i had to be taken from his care for various reasons but im ok with him now! so i had to go live with my mum and i have all my exams; anywho i was so stressed because the school has put a giant weight over my shoulders with work thats all i seem to be doing. Now my mum has started drinking she attacted my 17 year old sister the other day  i had to drag her off her, she was drunk at the time. Now i have to do so much work ontop of my home life. im staying with my grandparents at the moment who i adore.. but im scared now that the weights im carring will break my back or shoulder's which ever. All my past is comming up in my head and my sleeping problem has popped up out of thin air. I hide my feeling from family and friends and tend to hold inn the heart ake of my life seeing as it is too much to bare. But i always say to my self that alot more people are doing worse and then feel guilty should i be feeling guilty and what should i tell my mum to stop her going through this downward spiral? Is my life ever going to be normal? i know im 15 and terrible at spelling but i wated to write a book about it but wouldn't know where to start. my family are now worried i have anerexia because i dont want to eat and have lost appetite. Im a changed person quite nervios and powernoid and i hate it. i saw my mum the other day she was drunk and i was with my grandparent i felt pitty on her i dont know if i have grown up too fast but i need help and dont know how to get it.

Asked On : Sat, 6 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  293
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

I think that you and your mother should see a Psychiatrist and get proper treatment. Anorexia is also seriuous, so is addiction to Alcohol.So both should immediately meet a Psychiatrist.

Answered: Sat, 6 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor