My mother was operated and have hip replaced on her

My mother was operated and have hip replaced on her left side almost 1 year apart from her her hip replaced on of her left hip.
Our problem is the slow healing of the left hip operation, the would open. It heals and for the 2nd time it open again in the different part of the existing wound. She is now 90 years old.
Does she have to take oral medicine or any ointment/medication for the wound. She is also suffering from rheumatism, resulting sleepless nights and her having also anemia. During nighttime she frequents the bathroom. She doesn't like wearing adult pampers
I hope you can give any solution to this problem.

Thank you...
Fri, 5 Oct 2018